The below example illustrates the integration process with Upfront for a typical e-commerce website. This is not the only way the API is meant to be used, but meant to show a common example of how to integrate Upfront into your site.
- Use Upfront.js to render
<upfront-estimate />on the product page.
- The consumer on your website clicks the Upfront.js pop-up and completes qualification and we determine they are eligible for $500 of rebates.
- When the user closes the pop-up, we pass a
qualificationIdback from Upfront.js. It is recommended to save this ID in your own DB to later reference. At this point, also invoke our API GET /qualification.
- GET /qualification returns the total rebate discounts available for the consumer.
- You factor the rebate discounts into your product pricing and offer the consumer the new lower price.
- The consumer checks out by paying through your existing payment gateway solutions.
- You call our API POST /purchase. This tells Upfront that the purchase is complete, and we should follow up with the consumer on any additional steps needed in order to finalize the rebates.